Praise ye the Lord for it is good to sing praises unto our God; it is pleasant: and praise is comely. Psalm 147:1
They took this verse which they have learned part of in AWANA and put it into action! We talked about that later and they both realized that they got to tell people about Jesus today, just by singing! They were so excited that they made God happy! If they made God happy than Paul and I made him happy by setting the example and teaching the kids because we get our guidance and example from Him and His words. It is a prime example that all good things come down from the Father above. As parents we seek him to instruct us in how to properly raise our children to follow him and as our children see this they start to model that behavior and one day they will teach the same thing to their kids and so on and so on. I stress the word properly because their are all kinds of theories and books about raising children but HIS word is the proper and only way to do it. I am not saying that Paul and I are perfect parents because we are not but we do have the perfect parent, our Heavenly Father, so I can say that we are properly guiding our kids and teaching them His ways instead of worldly ways.
I hope you can learn a lesson from the girls and be a witness with even the smallest of acts. I know I will.
Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. Psalm 150:6
No comments:
Post a Comment