Thursday, August 15, 2013

School has started!!

School has started at the VanEvera house this week! Paul went back to work for inservice and the kids and I started year two of homeschool! 


 Here are my big girls all ready to get started!! They were excited this year because Daddy was home and drove them to school : ) We were all excited to start Heart of Dakota for the first time as well. 


They got to walk into their new class with new outfits on, their backpacks, and new lunch boxes! This was after a breakfast of a welcome back to school cookie cake, yum!! Of course Ian could not be left out. 

Here is Daddy and the kids and a picture of the girls and their "new" teacher for the year. 


Here are a few pictures of our day!!!



Ian enjoyed cutting!! He was so cute having I have his backpack and lunchbox just like the girls.



Even the cat enjoyed the first day of school!!

My girls working hard!!


I had each of the kids do an all about me activity and hung them up on our wonderful work board. I think I may do this every year to see how they change and grow. 

 The girls loved learning a out biographies and sharing about themselves in this activity!! This was part of our story time and even Ian got to participate.  I took a photo of each one sharing one of their things to share about themselves. 






Here the girls are working on their math for the day and comparing numbers using the words more than. They did awesome!!

Here is our first history lesson from HOD. We learned about pioneers from Spain to settle in Florida. 


We also did a geography lesson to learn about the continents and the routes of some explorers. 


We ended the day with a video about the continents, a lunch in our new lunch boxes, and PE time!! It was a great first day!!

The rest of the week was just a good and the great weather we had just added to it! The kids enjoyed lots of outside play time, walks, and bike rides! The girls passed their spelling test and had fun with art and literature projects. 

Here is what they said about their favorite things about the week:
Ian: "I liked the puzzles."
Audrey: "I liked seeing how to make a boat go."
Ally:" I liked learning about history with Pedro and Catalina." 
Mommy: " I love seeing my babies learn and grow and just being a part of their lives every day and enjoying this precious time with them." 

Next week Paul will welcome back his bus route and his 135 new students, the girls start piano lessons, my other babies start back, and we will be on school week two! 













No comments:

Post a Comment