We finished our My Father's World First Grade Studies!!!! The girls read their last bible story and completed their timeline and well as copied their last Proverb!! They are super excited because now they can keep their bible readers in their room!!
We also did more work on our addition lapbooks by adding three's and fours. I so cannot wait to do more of these!! They are so cute and fun and both girls enjoy making them. I may even do one with Ian on letters!!
In our writing the girls edited, revised, and published their What I Learned this Year work! I am so proud of them and I can so tell what they enjoyed the most! Tomorrow I will give them their end of the year writing assessment. I am excited about next year's writing curriculum because it should be really fun and help them more with style and grammar.
We did reading to find out information using nonfiction text for independent reading. Ally read about the Nile River and Audrey is reading a book on horses.
We also played games to review spelling words learned this year and both girls did really well with them and that makes me happy.
We also did another art lesson so we can finish up drawing A to Z and have them ready for their art class next year. We did lesson P today so we are almost done! We will have to do a few lessons next week to get done but not much.
I also read aloud from our Magic TreeHouse book and we now can go online to play more with the books they love! I have also printed off some of the lesson ideas for the books. This will continue on during the summer as well to keep us reading and keep them interested!
The kids also got their outside play time as well as their free choice inside activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment