Thursday, May 9, 2013

Motherhood 123

Mother's day is just days away and this time of year always gets to me and I remember those days that I wished and cried to be able to celebrate this special day and have someone tell me Happy Mother's Day! I have been a mother for six years now and it is wonderful! Now am I an expert on raising kids? Could I teach a class on it? I would  say NO to those questions but I do have some insight and experience, and let's face it I have kept the little ones alive for sometime now, so I would assume it is safe to say I sorta know what I am doing :) I could give tons of advice on this or that but I have made my Motherhood 123 list, three things that ALL mommies need to know and learn!

1. MOMMY MINUTES: Make some time for just you! I like to get up early before the kids and have my quiet time and exercise. It is not fancy and it does not take long but it is my time for just me and helps me start the day. I try and take breaks during the week without the kiddos, just to unwind a bit or take a weekend trip with Paul or have a date night but my daily time is an absolute must.

2. PRAY: Pray for yourself so that you may have what you need to handle what comes up! I have to pray daily and many times at various times during the day for patience!! I pray for my kids too, not just myself. Prayer is the one thing I can always turn to that will calm my heart and get me ready to face what I am about to do. I pray for Paul too that he will know what to do when I don't! Now that the girls are older they are praying more when they have a problem!

3. INDIVIDUALITY: Every child is DIFFERENT!!  All of my kids have a different personality and do things differently and I have to learn to accept that and work with what I have!  I can change bad habits yes but I can't change who my kids are! Ally is emotional so I have to be careful how I talk to her and what I say. Ian is a pleaser, he wants to make others happy but boy if he is not happy watch out! He has been getting some lesson on tough love lately. I hate that he has toddler fits but I chose to ignore them and he HATES it! Audrey is my challenge! I still have not figured her completely out! She is strong willed in all that she does and does not back down. We have to listen to her "defense" when she is in trouble and her "reasons" but as mad and frustrated as I get with her, that is just who she is and I love her!  Even though each of my kids is different and I have to not raise them different but approach and discipline them differently, that is my job and they are kids God blessed me with!

There are tons of other tidbits I could tell you about being  a mom but these three are the cream of the crop!

I would like to thank my three testimonies who opened my eyes and heart to this world of being a mommy: Audrey Gray, Allyson Faith, and Ian Mayer! They have taught me how to love and shown me a whole new world I never imagined! I love you all to the moon and back and more! I thank God that he has allowed me the privilege to be your mommy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment