Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hooray for Thursday!!

I am so proud of my  hard little workers, they managed to get all of their lesson for the week in and both pass their spelling test!!

I found a really neat spelling test app for my phone, where I type in the weekly list and it has practice games and activities and then the girls can take a test (it also helps typing skills ) and the score gets emailed to Paul! We can print the test to keep as a record if we want. The girls really liked, it is called A+ spelling test.

We did our math logic links puzzles for the week and played with pattern blocks. I also had the girls work their math house app which they like. It is great to practice addition. I am trying to work on speed of their addition and subtraction facts. We also did calendar and skip counting and both girls can now independently count to 100 by 1,2, 5, and 10!

For reading today the girls reread Jonah in their bible readers, their poems and charts, a Raz kids book with a quiz, and a library book. I did a running recored on them yesterday over a familiar reading Raz kids book and both girls were on the mark! They also had to read their AWANA verses. They only have 5 more flyer verses to finish all of their verses for the first year of Sparks. I am very proud of them.

For writing I read them a book about St. Patricks Day and then they wrote a cute little how to writing, on how to catch a leprechaun. I loved them!!  They are a little dissapointed that we will be gone on "leprechaun day" this year because they love when the leprechaun comes at night and makes a mess and leaves a green surprise!  The girls also had their journals to write in.

Tomorrow after calendar and journals, we will finish up our 4th Magic Tree House book and quiz on it before we go on our field trip!! Ian has speech for an hour so the girls will have a few things to do for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment