Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today's lessons were a focus on Ester and we also discussed the upcoming Easter holiday! What a fun day and boy am I glad to be done with school for this week, I had three extra kiddos today who kept me on my toes!

The girls made some cookies for a little fun math and reading. They also played math speed drill games to get faster at addition and subtraction. Subtraction is harder for them and next week we will work more on that, but one thing at a time! We also did our Logic Links puzzles and calendar time for our math. We didn't do pattern blocks this week, unless the girls ask for them later. We use them everyweek so a week off is okay :)

We finished our read aloud, Magic Tree House #4: Pirates Past Noon and both girls passed their quiz on the book!  For their independent reading, Audrey read me  three stories from her story bible and Ally read to me a chapter from her chapter book. Audrey read a book to Paul the other night about Tigers, and it was a level 3.3, a bit too hard for her still, however she read it very well and her daddy was very impressed with how much better she is reading now and I am too!

I did have the girls write in their story sticker books and this time I picked out the stickers and made them all have the same "character" in them. I try to let the girls come up with their ideas and focus on reminding them what good writing looks like and to sound out a word slowly before you write it. They have written some pretty cute little stories this year!

Tomorrow is Good Friday and we will have Bible lessons but that is all! It will be a day totally dedicated to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment