Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday March 26, 2013

We had such a fun time reading and writing riddles today!  The girls have really gotten into the spirit and have enjoyed writing, which is hard for Audrey! I am so happy!! I need to find some good riddle books for them to read, so if you know of any pass them on.

We are working on addition in math for the rest of the week and speed is still our main focus along with mental math!  We still work on skip counting, numbers to 100, counting money, calendar, and other math skills in our morning calendar routine along with our singapore math. I am focusing on improving the girls mental math skills so I ask alot of number questions which they have to think about and answer rather than put down on paper and solve. I love it and they do to!

We read about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendigo in our bible/history lessons and this is a favorite for the girls! We also review antonymns and irregular verbs. I had the girls use our magnetic letters to build and change our singular word to the plural and then to practice handwriting they had to write the plural form only. It was good and fun practice. They also played a game on my phone to work on the spelling of the words for the week.

The girls are still working on fact verses opinion. I have been reading a nonfiction text and have them pick out a fact and an then make and opinion. Today they had to read a book and do the same in their reading journals, great transfer of knowlege. They did well on this!

Yesterday I got the girls new curriculum in for next year and I am so excited!! It makes me want to do school all year with no summer break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment