We woke up early for our 8:30 soccer game and Ally and Audrey both played better than last week and each of them scored a goal!! I am one proud soccer mom! I am still happy that they both enjoy it and are having fun and getting better.
Once the game was over we went home so the girls could change and drop off their soccer stuff and then went to pick up my mom and head to SDC!! After eating lunch in the car and a few potty breaks and a stop off at our hotel to drop off our bags we were there and the kids got to meet up with their cousin Adonis and family! We had alot of fun and the weather was WONDERFUL, though my mom was sick from this day on :(. She had bronchitis but didn't know it until after we got home.
We didn't ride many rides because the lines were terribly long but we rode just enough to have fun and know that we want to come back again :) Paul, the kids and I decided to ride the Great American Plunge and even though it was COLD it was very fun! We are thinking of maybe going back up on Good Friday for the day but who knows.
We had dinner with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Landon, Adonis, and their friends and that is when we noticed the weather taking a nose dive! Thankfully this mommy was prepared with warm clothes and jackets. The next day was miserable, cold and rainy so we headed up to Castle Rock one of the indoor water parks. We also did a little shopping where I found the kids a few summer outfits. The leprechaun had come to pay us a visit while we slept and left us tickets to the Dixie Stampede for that night! The kids were beyond excited and had a great time. It is their all time favorite show! Ian loves the horses and we had to pay them several visits while we were in Branson!
On Monday it was still cold but we headed out to finish up some shopping and looking about. Audrey started running fever and coughing :( Now we had to sickly ones in our crew. We went to visit my Nana who was in rehab recovering from a fall which resulted in a broken hip. Audrey and Paul waited in the car so we didn't get to stay very long but I am glad we got to visit.
That night Audrey was feeling better so we left my mom in the hotel and Paul and I took the kids to the local Fun Spot for games and prizes and ice cream! We were all worn out by then and so ready to be home, be well, and be warm. We left Tuesday after some last minute shopping and food and got home in time to unpack, start laundry, order a pizza, and go to bed!
The rest of the week was spent at home monitoring coughs and fever between the three kids and watching the snow! Yes, I said snow! We didn't get much and it didn't stick at our house but we saw it! I did take the girls to the movies one afternoon to see Oz, the Great and Powerful. We had fun on our girl date! I hate that Ian was not able to go but I do love spending time with my big girls and I cannot believe they will be 6 in just a few short weeks!!
Ian and I made up for it the next day when he was sick and just wanted to lay with mommy all day. We got lots of love and snuggle time in. It is hard to imagine that he will be 3 a month from today! My how time flies when you are having fun raising babies!
Tomorrow we are back to soccer if the rain stops and if the girls feel up to it. I am thankful our sickness came when it did, Paul was home and I didn't have any extra kids this week! I am ready for a much more normal week!
I hate it when your sick.
ReplyDelete