Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wednesday and Thursday

We have been so busy working hard that I forgot to post about yesterday! We have had alot of fun this week exploring and learning.

Ally is really into crafts so she found some craft books at the library and has been making crafts! Both girls really like soccer since they started playing this week so we have found some neat youtube vidoes to each them skills that they have practiced for PE. Audrey read several books this week about horses, her favorite animal. They have both also enjoyed the app Teach Me Second Grade and spend about 20 minutes each day on that, at their own free choice time! I love this part of homeschool, getting to explore interest and choosing what to do and learn! They spend 45 minutes one day writing and decorating cards for their great grandma but it was learning and fun!

I do have structure and routine in our day but I always leave room for the girls to choose something they want to do! In math they love the pattern blocks and sometimes just want to play with them and not make an animal and that is fine or they want to play with the flashcards and race each other. It is amazing to see how much they have learned this year!

I do have them read everyday and write something as well as practice some math. Science and History are light this year but we will hit it hard next year. We do science one day each week and then our history is throuhgh the bible which is great for them and they enjoy it. They like to make the timeline and read about people from the bible.

They like music so we have recorders and are learning instruments throuhgh Peter and the Wolf. For art we draw, craft, look at paintings, and I have a new book we will start next week for some actual drawing lessons.

It is so much fun to be both parent and teacher and have my hands and heart in all of their learning and keep them focused and the learning and not all things they would be exposed to in public school! I love public school but with me staying home the chance to homeschool was the best choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment