Wow!! Your state of mind really can make all the difference about things.
I woke up late this morning because little man was up ALL night, so instead of a good nights sleep I had several little naps. Bad mood begins and my OCD (Order Control Disorder) goes into overdrive because now I am behind on my day! I tend to be organized and scheduled and despise being late and I have a certain routine I like to get done before the kids wake up. Now, if I know something has changed my plans I am okay with adapting but things that throw a kink in my plans just bother me. I know they shouldn't but that is just how I am! I used to compare myself to Monica on friends and Paul is my Chandler!
Well anyway I was off my game this morning and running behind, which just makes my already bad mood even worse. I decided to stop, breathe, and just go with the flow. I changed my whole attitude and decided that I would be in a better mood. Those of you who know me well, must have your jaws on the floor right about now! I did, I changed my attitude and just decided that I would get everything done that needed to be done, it would just be a little later than normal, but it would get done! To my amazement the world did not stop because I was off schedule and things still got done!
Paul will probably roll his eyes when he reads this because he knows how I am and how I get wound up over little things. I know its crazy but at least I am honest about it....I like order and to be in control of EVERYTHING!!! Don't get me wrong, I love to have fun and go with the flow, I mean I was a teacher and I am a mother! I understand things come up and that my plans sometimes need alterations I just don't always like it.
I have decided that now when I get that "out of control" feeling I know I can change it and things will be just fine :) So now I am happy, things are organized, clean, the girls are outside, and the babies are napping. Life is good, especially when you choose to change your 'tude!
No comments:
Post a Comment