Wednesday, February 8, 2012

God, Love, and Toddlers

My sweet baby boy has learned a few new phrases in the last few months but one in particular stands out "MINE". He is at a very egocentric and possessive age where everything is his everything revolves around him. This morning as we were laying in bed 'nuggleing Audrey came in to join us. Well Ian did not like that one little bit, he kept telling her "my momma, my momma, no no". I finally manged to get myself positioned just right so each one had their side of mommy to snuggle:) As I saw this unfolding I had a few thoughts come to mind about God's love comparing to that of a toddlers. I am not the most eloquent speaker or fluent writer, so please bare with me if things get a little jumbled up but this blog was on my heart this morning.

God sees us all and says "Mine"! He does not want Satan to have us and will fight to protect us. We are all his children and he wants us all to know him and love him. He is very possessive, just like a toddler. He will also "fight" for us and for his share of the prize, only unlike a child God wants all of us and is not willing to share. Several verses come to mind when I think about being a child of God and His unwavering free love for us:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believith should not perish but have everlasting life"


Jerimiah 29:11 "“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”


Deuteronomy 14: 1 "You are the children of your Lord"..

Galatians 3: 26 "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus"


I know there are many more verses I could add about God's love for us and even more about his gift of salvation but my focus for today is on being God's chosen child and acting in a way that pleases him and then passing that on to my kids. My kids inspire me everyday and today their mommy fight was an inspiration!

I am God's child and his lap is big enough for not only me but for ALL of his children. My prayer is that if you are not sitting on his lap or think there is no room for you, to please pray and ask God to be your Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment