Today was our first snow and really first wintry day of 2012! Ian had a rough night so I was up every few hours and would look outside while tending to my boy but early this morning about 7:00 I saw all the beautiful flakes falling :) I would have loved to had my cup of coffee and book in hand and sat and watched it but Ian needed me.
He was up coughing and crying all night and the only thing that helped him sleep was to be with mommy :) So instead of getting up and running this morning I stayed in bed while Ian snuggled up against me for some much needed sleep. I tried to sleep but was worried sick over Paul. The last time we had a slippery day his truck spun out on the Cadron bridge, so this morning I had him take the Pilot, but still I worried.
Later in the morning I got startled by Ally running in, all excited about the snow! I love to see how excited they get. She then went to wake up Audrey and the snow day began!
Oh how I wish we could have gotten out in it but Ally had fever the last night, ans all three of them have a runny nose and cough. Plus, it was just me this snow day and it would have literally taken me 30 minutes to get each of them dressed warm enough to go out plus myself only to be out for a few minutes. Then the thought of cleaning all that up and the huge pile of laundry, kept us inside doing games, crafts, and cleaning.
On a typical snow day Paul would be home and we wouldn't hesitate to go out and then make some snow ice cream followed by potato soup and grilled cheese or some other warm meal and lots of snacking! But he had school today so it didn't seem right to have all that fun without him.
I did decide to make some homemade chocolate chip cookies with my three little helpers. I found a wonderful recipe called Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies that has not only chocolate chips, but oatmeal and peanut butter too! The girls said they must be so good because the batter is. They all three licked the spoons, bowls,and beaters, and I think I may have even gotten in on the action!
The rest of our snow day will be spent eating cookies and drinking hot chocolate, while watching movies, and taking a nap and then warm soup for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment