All of you know that I have really gotten into jogging/running over the past several months. I am by no means an expert or very fast but I have learned some very important things about this sport that I thought would be so easy and cheap to do.
1. Good running shoes are NOT cheap! Thanks to the Sporty Runner and Gary for help in picking out my newest pair :) And Paul for buying them for me. I wish I had more pairs, one to match my outfits!
2. Always pull your hair up! I tried to go a few times with my hair down and it was fine until I stopped and all the heat and sweat that were trapped up there came down..GROSS! A pony tail is a must for me now.
3. For fat and slow people like me running early in the morning is a MUST! I run outside when I can but in the summer and winter or when it is still dark at 5:00 I run indoors. I get hit on by the older men and I usually pass everyone there that early because it is all older ladies and gentlemen. I know this is vain but it makes me feel good to not be last.
4. Never buy shorts that are too big in the legs...THEY WILL CHAFE!! I experienced this today when I bought some shorts in my old size and ran in them, ouch! I found a sale on them and ordered them online but they are great for just hanging out or walking or even for working out.
5. Music makes it better! I ran months before I got my Ipod and I think the addition of the music playing while I run has helped me get faster.I ran a mile in less than 11 minutes today, which when you considered I started out at a 15 minute mile, I am doing GREAT!
6.Use your running time to think and talk to God! I love how I use this as some of my alone time with HIM and also to think and organize my thoughts on things and to get ready for the day ahead.
7. You can look cute while running! Today I had on my purple shorts, purple dry fit shirt with matching sports bra, my purple/pink shoes, and my pink I pod and headphones :) Even I thought I looked decent and I never think that about myself.
8. Running addictive or at least for me it is. I feel so lost if I don't get a good run and I am always trying to compete against myself and get my times and distance better than the last. I ran my fastest mile and 5K times today :) I think the cute new outfit must have helped too!
9.It is not easy! It is alot of hard work and patience. For those of you who know me you know patience is something I am not good at. I am slowing but surely getting there and having some great runs.
10. Running makes me feel good, all those endorphins get rev ed up and I just can't help feeling good and having energy for the day ahead! I never thought exercise would make me feel happy, it used to just make me sad and depressed because I wasn't good at it or couldn't do some of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment