The VanEvera's February 12 - 18
Last week we did something we haven't done in many many months.....WE MADE IT TO SUNDAY SCHOOL!!! I was so proud of us, it is rare we are on time on Sunday mornings to be on time for Sunday School. Ian even went to the big boy class and has so much fun. Our goal is to keep it up!
Monday the kids and I had a snow day but Paul had to work. Though his evening class was canceled. We did a little bit of this and that but the highlight was the cookies we made! They were not healthy unless you count the oatmeal but they were soo YUMMY!! I love chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal! Here is a link the recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Outrageous-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/
The rest of the week was pretty normal. We found out that Paul has a fatty liver and diet and exercise should make him feel better. Thanks for your prayers, now keep praying he will follow through with this "presciption". Diet and exercise are not his favorite things to do. I wish he would go run with me, but someone has to keep the kids and during our family walks, he is usually not home.
This was a four day weekend for Paul, but he spent it all down in Little Rock doing research for his paper for grad school, so the kids and I hung out. We went to the local sports center and used a racquetball room for some fun! The kids loved it and I have to admit, it was pretty fun having our little private padded room to run, jump, yell, and play in. Saturday we cleaned out rooms, clothes, and snuggled up for some movies, as it was pretty gold out. Then we made a trip to Target, mine and Ally's favorite store!
I weighed myself this week and am now down 52 pounds and 4 sizes! My original goal was 25, and then I would aim for another ten, and then another, until I got to 50!! I am pretty proud of myself because it takes a lot of work and will power to stay focused on a big goal like that. I have set a smaller one now to loose 15 more before our vacation and I am already two pounds in! I can even wear most of the clothes I was in before I got pregnant with the girls. I am also finding alot of good healthy recipes to make most of which the whole family enjoys, so that is good for us all.
This week was pretty good but I am looking forward to some warmer and drier weather, so the kids and I can get out more. Also the girls will be staying the night with my parents Sunday night. They said Ian can't go because they need a break from their pesky little bother!
No comments:
Post a Comment