The VanEvera Family February 19-25
This week we were all struck with a little bit of Spring Fever, I mean how could we not when the temperatures were near 80 a few days! It was a great week for the kids to get outside and just play, ride bikes, fly kites, take a walk, and go to the park. So we did all of those!
We went outside and played in the yard and chased the dogs. One day we went on a 1.5 mile walk, or at least I did, the girls rode their bikes and I had Ian in the stroller. I spent a whole afternoon searching for kites and finally found some, so the kids enjoyed a fun evening of kite flying.
On Saturday we went to the Museum of Discovery with our good friends and had the best time. The kids LOVED every minute of it. I took the kids around the museum while Paul went to the library across the street to research his paper. Then we meet up with him and ate lunch in the River Market and then we all rode the Trolley, which Ian calls the train. He loved going over the bridge and seeing the boats. Afterwards we went to the park out there and let me tell you, I need to workout more for that park! There are tunnels, steep hills, rock walls, and of course the kids wanted to do them all. It was all very fun but exhausting! Then we went back to the museum for a bit before heading home. All three kiddos crashed in the car, Ian went until past 3:00 without a nap and was a real champ! I am so proud of him.
I also managed to cook almost every night this week which is unusual for me and which was very hard to get motivated for since we were outside until almost time for dinner every night. It is so easy to go out after a long day and forgo making a mess in the kitchen. I found some good healthy kid friendly/family recipes: omelets, chicken Parmesan, Swiss steak, chicken and rice. They were all pretty good and I have even planned a few for next week: macaroni and cheese, provolone and olive stuffed chicken, vegetable lasagna, and once again french toast casserole! It excites me when I try something healthy on the kids and they eat up every bite and ask for more!
I am not sure about the temps for next week but I am sure we will find some fun ways to fill our time and stay busy as usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment