Wow, I cannot believe that next week we will be in the Month of May and winding down! This week has been pretty busy and I just realized that I have not posted about any of it!!
In bible and history the girls are reading and summarizing about the miracles and parables Jesus taught before ascending to heaven! They are pretty familiar with many of these so their summaries seem to be going easier for them. We have also been using Easy Peasy Homeschool for some extra history and sciene and so this week they started learning about Egypt and where most of the bible stories they know originated. It has been really neat and fun! We don't print the worksheets but we do them orally!
In science I put away the plant book and started with the Easy Peasy grade 2 and they are know learning about the body. This week we learned about living and non living organisms, cells, and the skin/. We also traced a body! Again we are doing the worksheets orally because it is so late in the year we are taking it easy but still learning!
We did alot of review of long vowels this week and Audrey knows the sounds but get so confused with with digraph goes with what word :( She sounds them out and has the phonemes correct but the graphemes are poor, just like her mom! I really hoping that Explode the Code next year as well as weekly spelling lessons from Heart of Dakota will help. I have to keep in mind that she is only 6 and should only be expected to spell like one, even though she is a high reader!
We finished up adding teen numbers and though the girls do well with pictures and understand the concepts they are still not very quick but they are getting better! We have been doing daily drills and games to practice with a focus on doubles and tens and it is helping. We will probably finish up Singapore level 1A next week and then I will give them the assessment for that book. I will wait until next term to start 1B.
We also did some more work with setting in a story and finished our read aloud of Magic Tree House #8. This weekend we need to go buy 9 and 10 because I have 11 and 12! They really do like them and do well on their quizzes. I also had them read some Raz Kids books and poems this week and have been doing a daily fluency check as they read their daily bible story to me from their bible reader.
We spent alot of time outdoors this week exploring, digging, and playing! It has been really nice weather here and we are taking full advantage!
We are gearing up for the end of the year and I am wanting to do something special for them as an end of the year reward, so any suggestions will be great! We have Silver Dollar City passes so we may take a trip when soccer is over or I thought about a camping trip since they want to try one out. Who knows what I will come up with :) If I figured it out right we only have about three more weeks left until we finish up our curriculum!!
No comments:
Post a Comment