Friday, April 12, 2013

Two Sassy Six Year Olds

Happy Birthday 6th Birthday Audrey and Ally!! This one is for you!!


I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday! I went in to labor about 5 in the morning though at the time I thought it was just more of those darn Braxton Hicks. I had an appointment later that morning at Dr. Cole and thought I would just wait it out but you to had other plans and Daddy and I had to head over to Labor and Delivery at the hospital. I was still sure it was nothing because I still had one more week until your scheduled arrival but you two had other plans! I was admitted after being checked out and being told I was in active labor and you two were coming today, not in a week!  The time was set and your Nanny and Pawpaw arrived and then you two were born! Audrey popped out at 2:54 pm and Ally one minute later at 2:55!!

Words cannot describe all the feelings I felt that day! Joy, nervousness, anxiety, fear, love, sadness, happiness, overwhelmed, calm, peach, completeness, contentment are just a few of them!! I think I went through every emotion there is and your Daddy did too! In fact rage was one emotion I did not think I would have the day I gave birth to my children but your Pawpaw and your Daddy decided to go eat lunch before the C-section and it took them in a while! Daddy almost missed seeing you be born, he got back just as they took me into the operating room and boy was I mad at him!  Needless to say as soon as I saw him in his scrubs I forgot about being mad at him, for the moment anyway, because I knew it was time to see those two sweet faces I had waited so long to see and to finally hold my two precious babies that everyone had prayed for so long!

Audrey came out for the only time in her life quiet!! I guess because she was happy she got her way and was first and ready to be born on her terms and no one else's! She was a whopping 7 pounds and 11 ounces!! Ally was the screamer probably because she was up so high in my rib cage and didn't want to come out yet! The doctors had to literally push her down from my ribs and drag her out! She came out at 7 pounds and 1 ounce!  Daddy and I finally had our family we had prayed so hard for! 

April 12, 2007 is not just your birthday day girls, it is the day that Daddy and I finally learned that God will provide and for us He gave us even more than we deserved! We saw His love when we looked into those two tiny faces and held His love and promise in our arms!  The Lord is good to those who wait faithfully on him and Daddy and I waited faithfully for our family and the Lord was GOOD to us, we had not one but two   little testimonies!  

We love to share the story of becoming your parents to demonstrate how good God is and how His timing is perfect and not ours! I pray you learn that lesson one day too! God's timing is the best and only timing we need to be concerned with!  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

God's promise is my promise to you: James 1: 2-8 and 12


2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Mommy and Daddy love you and are so blessed that God chose us to be your parents but God loves you more!! Happy Birthday to my sweet testimonies of love, faith, patience, and hope! 

Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment