I have it all laid out and ready!!! WOO HOO, next year is ready, the only thing I have not set is the start date!!!
We will be using Heart of Dakota Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory for our main curriculum, a switch from this year. I am very excited about it! We all liked My Father's World but I wanted something that included more in terms of a comprehensive curriculum. It includes history, science, geography, art, music, reading, spelling, math, and a read aloud. This one is very literature rich, and I love that. It is also Charlotte Mason based and I love that. I think the shorter lessons will be a good switch and allow us time to explore or create things for the lesson we choose. The girls will have a binder this year with all of their subjects inside!
Here is rundown of what we will be doing:
Math: Singapore Math level 1B the Primary Edition (this is part of our HOD curriculum)
Phonics: Explode the Code book 2 for Audrey and book 4 for Ally
Grammar: Daily Language Review Grade 1
Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing: Bible Hero's
Supplemental Science: Apologia Zoology 3 Land Animals where we will be either note booking or lapbooking
In addition to our home curriculum the girls and Ian will have outside learning opportunities :) We have joined a Co Op and the girls will each take three classes that they have chosen and Ian will do a preschool program. They meet only one day a week. Audrey will take art, math, and little herbalist and Ally will take art, writing, and the human body.
Extracurricular: * just the girls
AWANA
Soccer
*Girl Scouts
*Piano
No comments:
Post a Comment