We have been working hard and it looks like the end is in sight for this school year!! We will have a summer break but we will also continue reading, writing, and math along with some fun science and history trips and lessons! The girls may even pursue an interest and do a mini unit on it! But for now we are working hard on finishing up first grade!
Math is going well but we are still working on speed. This week I have been teaching the girls about fact families and I am hoping it helps increase their speed of their fact recall. I am proud that they caught on to the idea! I have also changed our daily money count! It used to coincide with how many days we have been in school but not it is just random and it blows the girls minds! It is great money practice though!
In our Bible lessons we are now reading stories from the New Testament even though we are still memorizing the books of the Old Testament. They already know the New Testament books through AWANA so that is why we took it slow. By the time school is done for the year they will know all the books of the bible! I am very proud of them! They will also have complete their entire AWANA books, reviews, and extra credit by next week! That is quite an accomplishment to have done, all before they turn 6!
In Science we will be learning about plants for the rest of they year and right now they are growing or trying to grow a bean! They are really excited but the weather has not and will not be sunny for a few days so we will see.
In reading we are still listening to the Magic Tree House series, which they like and working on reading skills in a K-2 level on readworks.org. I also have them do reading journals twice a week and Raz Kids with a quiz twice a week.
We are still writing and making sure to have neat handwriting! This week they will write about an animal they create out of pattern blocks!
So far for the week they have finished all of their lessons in art, music, and PE!
No comments:
Post a Comment