I cannot believe that I am behind in my posts, it has been busy and fun around here and April looks to be the same way! Here are a few pictures from last weekend, where we celebrated Easter, such a wonderful holiday and one in which my children know the real meaning of!
My precious babies on Easter morning before church.
Mommy and the kids, yes I know I take the matching thing too far but I love it!
Ally and Audrey still love soccer though it has been so rainy that their last two games have been called off. I am really anxious to see how this next game goes!
Easter was a fun weekend! We went to our church and the kids hunted eggs. It was Ian's first time to actually know what was going on and he loved it! While there the kids heard the Easter story and every child present got a hand with a hole in it and after the story they laid their hand on the cross to symbolize their love of Jesus and the sacrifice he made! It was so moving and I am proud that the girls understood the meaning!
We did dye our Easter eggs and talked again about how Jesus died and how when we are saved he changes us like the eggs change color. Audrey told me that she knows all of this and that Easter is about God and not about the Easter Bunny! She was pretty excited that EB came and brought her gum and peanut butter eggs!
This year the kids and I made resurrection rolls from a recipe I found online and it so much fun and even Ian understood the symbolism behind it! He tells me all the time that he loves Jesus! I am so proud that at not yet three he is building a solid foundation!
The other night we let the girls watch the drama series The Bible, and they wanted to see the Crucifixion. Ally had tears in her eyes! She is so close to accepting Jesus in her heart but we are not pushing it, she will when she is ready! It is nice to know that as a mom, I am not perfect but that I am doing right when I teach my kids about God and his love and mercy!
This week the month of April began and it is just as busy as March! All three of my sweet babies will celebrate their birthday!! I have lots to do and lots of fun and memories planned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment