You can tell that school is about to wind down around here!! If it works out as planned the girls will be done with their first official year of home school in about three to four weeks!! It has really gone by fast ;)
This week they are working on compound words and pronouns as well as neat handwriting in their writing. We will write a story later this week and incorporate all those elements. Yesterday for their free time I got out the poster paper and told the girls that they could do whatever they wanted on their paper and I was so proud that each of them wrote and illustrated a short little story! They hung those big things up on their walls in their bedroom. Ally wrote about her family and Audrey wrote about Jesus. Such sweet girls!
In math they are working with numbers 1-20 and are now starting to add and subtract them! This is a bit hard and they can do it well just not quickly but that is okay, we have lots of time to work on that! This week we are focusing on doubles and numbers that make ten and later on I will time them an I am going to let them pick their own prizes to inspire them! We shall see how well their speed increases.
We are still working on plants in science and have planted our own!! We planted our bean sprouts but unfortunately they got watered too much :( I went to Hobby Lobby and bought each of them a small plant kit and we have planted those and if they sprout and grow they want to go back and get a bigger one! The girls each planted a sunflower and Ian planted a cactus! They love this plant unit we are on and I am so happy.
They have finished their AWANA books for the year and now can name ALL of the books of the bible!! I am very proud of them. They are reading in their bible readers about the miracles Jesus performed before he ascended back to heaven. These stories are a bit harder to read but Audrey is doing very well with them and their summaries are betting better too.
We have been listening to Peter and the Wolf for music and learned to draw rectangle people in art as well as looked a few paintings and talked about color. In PE we have done our Kick to Get Fit Jr. video and the girls are getting better at it and Ian loves it too!! Today we may switch it up and do some yoga!!
No comments:
Post a Comment