Wow, what a whirlwind of a morning, the kids and I slept in until 9:00 and we usually get started on our school day by 8:00! No worries, we got all of our lessons for the day done and even snuck in a trip to the library and later tonight we will got to PlayWorld :)
We worked on patterns and fitting things together as well as math facts and calendar for our math today. Tomorrow we will work in our new fun critical thinking book Logic Links! I am so excited adn we tried a few lessons and the girls like it too! It will give us something else for math on Fun Friday!
In our reading lesson we revisited the book Amazing Grace and learned more on fact vs. opinion. The girls have enjoyed the book that we have to go to the library and find the next book about Grace! We wrote in our reading journals which I decided to go ahead and start. For now I am writing down the assignments for the girls but soon they will be doing that part. We will take it in baby steps. I think these are great for comprehension and learning about what your read! We also did our Raz Kids as well as all of our familiar reading. Familiar reading is when the girls read familiar books, stories, poems, changs, songs, charts, ect for fluency practice. We usually have a poem, our blends, charts, a bible story review from our bible readers.
Paul has a meeting after school and then class tonight so the kids and I will go to PlayWorld for our PE and so mommy can catch up on her reading and lesson plans!
No comments:
Post a Comment