Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nothing out of the ordinary

The VanEvera Family February 4-9, 2013

Well this week was kind of a dud meaning nothing big, no major events, just a typical VanEvera week or school, work, and church. The kids and I did get our Valentine's cards and projects finished and in the mail and Paul and I managed to get the kids gift almost done :)

We are making them a movie basket filled with a new movie, Peter Pan, a big bowl and smaller ones for popcorn, a variety of different flavored popcorns, and some big boxes of movie candy :)  Paul and I will be gone for a night over Valentine's weekend and my mom is staying with the kids so we though this would be a perfect thing for them on Saturday night. The girls know how to work the DVD player and work the microwave so all Nanny has to do is help them clean up!

Ian got to attend his first birthday party without his sisters, it was just Ian and Mommy :) He was shy at first without his two side kicks but he managed well and had a really good time. It was a pirate party and he loves pirates. He has played all afternoon with his party toys.

I started ordering a little bit of the girls curriculum for next year and think I finally have it all figured out. I have their writing, grammar, and math bought and in! A few of their lessons I have to buy on a 12 month contract so I will wait a bit so they can work on those skills, phonics and reading, during the summer. Paul and I have decided we will give the girls a summer break but they will have to keep up their reading skills, phonics skills, and practice on their addition and subtraction. We are looking at buying  i phones and an ipad, yes I know we are behind, but we want to download some apps to for the kids to work on their academic skills. While Audrey does not want to pick up a "real" book, she will read them on the computer all day!

We finished up all of Ian's meetings for him to begin his speech therapy, so hopefully we can get that started this week and start getting him caught up! He was not as behind as we thought so that is good and he was abvove in his developmental assessment :)  I am just ready to get him started and see him improve!

We signed the girls up for soccer this week, I am now officially a soccer mom, minus the mini van :)  Paul will be coaching the girls if everything works out. We took the girls today to buy all of their equipment: cleats, socks, shin guards, balls. Ally got everything in pink and Audrey got everything in blue, so typical of each of them. They are both pretty excited to play, I just hope they like it! We did tell them that once we pay and buy their stuff they will finish up the 10 weeks, so I pray it is a fun 10 weeks for them.

Those are pretty much the highlights of the week, I told you up front it was a bit boring this week :) Next week we will be able to share our Valentine's day fun and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment