It seems like today was a good day for my hard working girls! We seemed to get more than usual done today! I did give more breaks and a morning snack :) I think that helped fuel them to keep going.
In math we are starting skip counting by two's and it will take some time to get it all the way to 100 so we are going slow and only going to 20 for now. They are great at counting by 1's, 5, and 10's. We also worked on addition and subtraction with an introduction to fact families and Audrey caught on like shark with blood in the water, math is what she likes doing most. I also started a new game to work on mental math skills, it is called Guess My Number. I pick a secret number and each one gets a guess and after each guess I will tell them higher or lower until they get it, the winner get an extra ticket for the day.
We read more about Moses and will finish him up this week. Today's focus was on the ten plagues He sent to Egypt and the girls found this interesting. They did really good on getting the order right as well. They are working on writing a short 2 sentences summary after their bible story reading and they are getting better at that. They also liked our Proverb for the week, which is one of my favorites:
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thy own understanding: In all they ways acknowledge him and He will direct thy paths :)
Our word study this week will focus on ough, ought, words and this was tough for Audrey today but she was kind of getting it by the end of today lesson so I know she will get it by the end of the week. They like to use their words in a sentence they make up and write it as a rainbow word, so that helps alot that they enjoy their word study lessons.
In science this week we are studying how boats float on water so we may go out to the local lake and try sailing some homemade boats :) The sink and the tub are fun but nothing beats going out and putting boats on a real body of water!
We are reading the book Amazing Grace as an anchor text for several reading lessons this week. The girls, especially Ally liked this book as today I just read it to them and discussed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment