Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Today was another hard and long day..I had an infant who had an hour long screaming fit where no one in the house could hear let alone concentrate on any school work! I hate days like this, not only did we get behind schedule I have a pounding headache and a ton of stuff to get done during rest time that I normally have done!  Enough ranting let's get on with the girls school today:

They finished Singapore Kindergarten!!!!  We will take a break the rest of the week and play addition and subtraction games until we start on level 1A next week.

We had computer/phone time today and will do PE tomorrow. We did have some music as I introduced Peter and the Wolf. We will listen and learn about each instrument for the rest of the year. I think I will put the recorders on hold for a year or two or three! We had our science and art for the week all done yesterday so we are a little ahead on that!

We did more on vocabulary in text and how endings or suffixes can change a word and what it means. We reviewed that by looking over ed words again and each girl went through her independent reading book and made a five petal flower out of ed words and how those words changed because they had an ed on them. I also asked them about the word foolish from yesterday and they both remembered!! This week is all about context clues and vocabulary.

In bible we read about Ruth and Naomi and both girls were excited that our story was about a girl!  They each did well in their preview of the text and their reading. I am very proud of them. Audrey read a level H in Raz Kids today very well and Ally read a level J with ease! I am so glad that they are good readers and that Audrey does not fight me too hard on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment