Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February 27, 2013

Today was hump day and boy did we work hard to get all of our lesson in today. We spread them out more than usual so it was after lunch until we got done.

We finished reading our read loud book The Storm by Cynthia Rylant and the girls really liked it. We will look for more at the library when we go this weekend. We will be starting on the Magic Tree house series and I hope they like it. I am hoping it will spark an interest in history for them.

In math since we finished our K book we played an addition subtraction game. I pulled out my old center math games and the girls have had fun picking and choosing what to play. We will not start on 1A until Monday and we will go until we end our school year. We also did skip counting, guess my number, and calendar.

We learned and read about Samson today and I think it was the first time the girls had heard this story because they were very quiet and attentive. Most of the stories we have done they have heard since they were toddlers. They wrote their own summary today with little prompting from me.

We also worked on our tch and dge words and Audrey is having a hard time remembering the silent letter. We will do more work on it tomorrow but I had her write and spell as she was doing her rainbow words and her draw and label. I am hoping this helps her when we get to them tomorrow. We also read a reading comprehension page on staying healthy and Audrey read it very well. I did a running record on their Raz Kids and they scored a 96% and a 99% on their level which is GREAT!

Our vocabulary went well though the words were tough they did good and even found two new words in their independent reading books. They like doing their own work in their reading journals.

We finished up the day with PE and did Kick to get fit Jr. which is their new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment