We all have "those days" and at our house we call them Alexander days. Today Ally was having one of those days, a day where nothing seemed to go her way :( She had to re write her journal because it was not neat or readable, she had to read her Raz Kids book three times because she could not pass her quiz, her sister beat her at everything, there was no art today, her school box fell on the floor, she ran out of library books, she didn't get to choose PE, and I could go on and on. The good news is that not all days are like that and that tomorrow it will be someone else's turn for an Alexander day!
I feel bad when my kids have those kind of days but it is a life lesson that we don't control anything it is all part of God's plan, not ours. I had to remind Ally about our Proverb for the week, Proverbs 3:5-6 and that seemed to help. I love homeschooling for this reason, I can bring God into our daily conversations and lessons and use those teachable moments in daily life to not only learn academically but spiritually as well.
As for the school day we got quite a bit done:
Proverbs practice
AWANA practice
Addition and Subtraction Practice
Calendar, Journal, Weekly Poem
Counting by 2's
Library/Independent Reading/Familiar Reading/Read Aloud
Word Study
Bible Review
Science (I found my marbles :))
Reading Lesson on Connections and Writing them
PE
No comments:
Post a Comment