Today was another busy day as we really want to be off when Paul is off but we did it! It looks like if we work really hard tomorrow we can enjoy Fun Friday and a day off on Monday!!!
The girls are both doing better on handwriting, I guess days of having to rewrite and do extra handwriting practice are paying off!
We got out usual morning routine done: journal, calendar, guess my number, math facts, familiar readings, shared reading, independent reading, and today we had copy work as they had to copy our Proverb for the week. We learned about how Moses and his people were sent back to the desert for forty years and Audrey was amazed that God would punish them for complaining. She tends to be our complainer. I am hoping this will open her eyes as to why it is not a good thing! In their summaries we have started to underline key facts or facts we want to remember to put in our summary. What a great life long study skill this is!
Both girls read their Raz Kids book and took their quiz and I did a running record on them. I try to do one a week to keep up with their fluency. I did notice that their oral reading fluency is better and they are really trying to read with expression! I think our lessons on sinking in!!! They have liked the books we have been doing and using their reading journals.
In math we finished up comparing and organizing numbers. They will be out of this book in a month so I think since their new books are already in we will move on to those! We also did math facts and they are getting good at them.
We got to play recorders today and do an experiment with bubbles for science. They all love bubbles, especially my little guys. We demonstrated how water's skin can stretch and they told me that was cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment