Sunday we spent at my parents house aka Nanny and Pawpaw's house where she took the kids to the store to buy some outside play toys. When they came back they spent hours outside playing water guns, water hoses, hockey, moon dough, and water bucket fights! Then on Monday Paul and I had to help with some VBS decorations so I sent the kids to my mom and dad's house for several hours. One thing I have learned since having kids...grandparents ROCK! My kids had so much fun playing outside, riding bikes, and having Popsicle and it cost us NOTHING!!
Tuesday we went with a small church group to the $1 movie where yes I take in my own candy and drinks and just split a popcorn between my kids and anyone interested in sharing. Our movie total was $11 for four of us that day we also took advantage of 1/2 price night at a local play place :) The kids played for over two hours and were exhausted when we got home that night. I love 1/2 price night, especially with three kids old enough to go out and play. Audrey lost tooth #4 at PlayWorld.
Wednesday was a great free night, we went to the library for crafts, computer, and books! I am so lucky that my kids love the library. In total the girls have read over 300 books since January! Proud does not even come close to how I feel about that accomplishment. That night was Camp Critters at church and they love that too! Wednesday in the summer are the highlight of the kids week! They also got to stay late and play with some friends while Paul and I worked a little more on VBS stuff
Thursday we took a little break and just stayed at home but I broke out all those bubbles that the kids got for their birthdays :) Paul and I cleaned out the sheds while the kids had the best time with bubble guns and bottles of bubbles. I did run to Target to the $1 bin and let them pick out one thing each for our fun day on Friday and on the way home we took park in Sonics 1/2 price shake deal . When that was over we came in for family game night which turned into a dance fest! Ally and Ian must have gotten their moves from their Daddy :)
Friday was another fun free day! We went to Woolly Hollow for their annual Fun Day and swam for hours!!! The kids love it there and it has such good memories for me from childhood. When we got home we were all worn out so we had free pizza points and ordered a free pizza for dinner. The kids got out play dough and after a trip to Target and using their own money they had more play dough than they knew what to do with. It is great for those hot summer days and cold winter nights.
By Saturday this Mommy's think tank of fun meter was really low but thanks to some rest I came up with a great day, a Saturday Sit In! Our good friend play dough made another appearance, we grilled for lunch and dinner (the kids love to help Daddy), we did some painting per Ally's request, Ian wanted to take a walk and Audrey wanted to bake! She and I found a healthy granola treat recipes and she wrote the list of what we needed and went to the store with me and then we make granola bites, YUM!! Here are a few pictures from our Saturday Sit In! I wish I had taken photos the rest of the week but when Mommy is in the middle of all the fun it is hard to do :)







No comments:
Post a Comment