Today I had the girls write a simple report over what they have learned. They are six and I do not expect them to have a full blown research paper but I have taught them to have a beginning or their topic sentence followed by at least three details and then an ending sentence or conclusion. I am pretty pleased that they can easily write a good five sentence paragraph on their own! In the fall we will begin using IEW: Bible Hero's to work more on style and structure. I am really excited to order it, after I go to a homeschool convention in a few weeks!!
On their reports I let them choose any three things they learned as their details and I thought it was pretty cute to see what they really found interesting!
Here is Audrey's report or at least the first page. I love the handwriting paper I had on hand for this unit! I almost forgot I had that book in my stash. I will so be pulling it out more to publish on.
" This is about the oceans. Jellyfish live in all the oceans. They can sting. 70% of Earth is covered by water. That is alot of water. They have coral reefs. Coral reefs have pretty colors. That is all about the oceans."
This is Ally's report:
"This is about what I have learned about the oceans. There are jellyfish, they can sting. There are four oceans Atlantic, Arctic, Pacific, and Indian. There are beautiful coral reefs. They are living creatures. That is all I learned about the oceans. "
Besides our writing today the girls had to work on some subtraction problems and I am pumped that their memory has come back :) They did them without any problems or fuss today. Tomorrow we will finish our page of 100 subtraction problems and then just keep up with games until we start back. They also read a book apiece and we did our around the world bible study. Our bible study which doubles as our family devotion will be on going for July.
The girls both got to go to a summer boredom buster class for our Co Op we will be attending in the fall/ This class called Little Herbalists is one of the classes that Audrey chose to take and today was a little preview day. She is super excited!!! I also took the girls to Hobby Lobby to buy our items to make our oceans in a bottle!!! They cannot wait!! They are begging to do this today but we have Bible School this week at church and I am keeping an extra kiddo this week so we will see if they can charm their way into some more "school" today :) I am trying to hold off until Wesnesday so we can go to the lake and collect the sand and shells!
Tomorrow's agenda includes reading, finishing math facts, journal writing, and a shared writing over a topic of the girls choice, and making ocean animals out of modeling clay!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment