Friday, June 14, 2013

Family Movie Night




Tonight we had our first themed family movie night.....BRAVE!!!  The kids and I were so excited and cannot wait for the next one! I found all of my ideas on Pininterst and then tweaked them to fit our style and budget. Let me apologize in advance for my pictures that are sideways, I didn't edit before I posted them! I was too excited to share!!! Here is how we did it!



I used this site  http://www.wdistudio.com/BRAVE/BRA_FamilyDinner.pdf  to find ideas for crafts for the kids. They made the napkin holders and place cards. I did take them to a color printer so they would be bright! All three kids loved being in charge of picking out who sat where and making the napkin holders! It was cute to see them having so much fun getting into our family night!




Ally made the napkin holders. 



Audrey was in charge of the place setting cards. 




We all made the following menu for our pre show dinner and it was so much fun. I love making meals with all  of us crammed in our tiny kitchen making memories. However, I was not "brave" enough to try the green witches brew!



Ian helped with the Hamish Ham and Cheese Sanwhiches. 


Ally's made the triplet smashed potatoes (yes I did instant)! I was incorporating reading, math, and following directions! 



Audrey was in charge of Queen Eleanor's Garden Vegetable Chips! She also helped get all the movie snacks ready! 


Everyone got to make their own turn onto a bear brownie! YUM




After dinner we had fun shooting our $1 bow and arrows!  Daddy made a target and though our shots didn't stick it was fun!  Ally had fun dressing up in her Merida costume.



I also printed out tickets for a more authentic movie feel! The girls also cut those out and then collected them before we watched the movie!



For during the movie I  picked up some snacks to share and made little arrows and gave them a Braved themed named. We had Salty Sea Popcorn, Cotton Candy Wisp, and Little Bear Cookies!



I hope my plans don't get to "tangled" up before our next theme night : )

No comments:

Post a Comment