Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ocean Study: Day 2

Today Daddy got a chance to do most of "school" with the girls! They were so happy to work with Daddy. The girls worked on their lapbooks today and added a section on what makes waves and a list of the five oceans and where they are. For their reading each girl choose a book to read and then I made them a small booklet where they had to find three answers to the questions I picked out for them. They both did really well looking through text for explicit information. 

Later in the day I read them the book Swimmy by Leo Lionni and all three kids loved it plus I got to work with Ian on his s sounds for speech! Because the illustrations are painted we went to our art books, I Can Do All Things, and found some tropical fish painting cards and did some painting! What a fun day. The girls also played a few ocean games to work on math and spelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment