Thursday, June 20, 2013

Oceans Day :12 Exploring and Discovery

Today was a fun day! The girls did their art and see fish in an aquarium. Ally, my art lover spent 45 minutes on hers! 

Both girls did their independent reading and I was really proud if Audrey! She chose a book on Raz Kids about ocean animals and was making connections all over the place! I love how she would shout out "Mom! I just made a text to text connection!" I love it! 

We did a lot of multitasking during school today and that is one reason I love homeschooling so much. Daddy mowed the yard, I did the elliptical while the girls sat on my bed and read and did their art, and Ian played cars and toys in the floor near me! Awesome! 

Both girls did better on their subtraction facts today so I am glad I pushed them to work hard! Ally did not miss if her forty problems and Audrey corrected hers the first time out! Yay!!

I snapped these photos during our bible time if the kids making their passports. 



Our nonfiction lesson was a hit with all three of the kids. They were told to dress up as a detective or explorer and go on a treasure hunt for certain books! The prize each time you found the right treasure was a skittle! I love the magic powers of skittles : ) Ian wanted to be a fireman and he I so cute and only 3 that who cares! 


They had to hunt for three books: one with an index, one with a table of contents, and one with both! So much hands on learning and fun!





Ian just had fun getting books! It was a gear day! FYI the girls have read over 300 books since January! 







No comments:

Post a Comment