Anyway we picked back up today with our June ocean unit and our focus for the week is the layers of the ocean! I found the cutest book at Hastings that came with a little magnifying glass to help look closely at the ocean and its contents! All three kids LOVE it!
Today the girls had to write in their journals about their weekend. During "regular" school they have to write three sentences everyday over a topic I give them or free write. These are never graded, I just use it as an assessment to make sure they are using good writing skills.
I needed to get some math practice in and the girls played a game with addition facts and I am so proud of them! They both know their facts fairly well and in time the speed I am looking for will come. Mommy needs to be the patient one! Also in math today I got down the pattern blocks and let them make an ocean animal. They love this and especially Ian! It is one of the fun things he likes to do with school and he works on shapes and following directions.
I did some speech work with Ian today and he did very well even though he didn't like it! We reviewed final n sounds which he has mastered :) and then work on his beginning s, that is hard for him :( He is getting there! Cutting and gluing are his passion right now for school so we do alot of that! I am really considering HIPPY with him next year not only for practice in that bu so he has some "work" to do while the girls school.
Both girls also had to do some independent reading and a retelling. Ally is reading a chapter book so she didn't have to finish her book. They are doing well but like all kids I have to watch them because if they think I am not watching they skip words!
For our group/family time we looked at Japan and discussed it and practiced bowing. I read the verse today and I am going to allow the girls to start looking them up and reading them! They think it is big kid stuff!
Tonight for dinner we are making fish and they kids are going to make their surprise under the sea jello dessert!!



No comments:
Post a Comment