Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 8 Ocean Study

Today we finished up our part of the unit of the study of the layers of the ocean! Our flip books for our lapbooks turned out really cute! Tomorrow is our free day so we will not start back on our study of the oceans until Monday and we will do more with ocean animals and coral reefs! Lots of art projects ahead.






The girls finished up a 100 addition problem page that we have worked on this week as well as their independent reading. I have also started a bedtime reading incentive for the girls. They may use their flashlights for 10 minutes after bedtime to read!! It was a hit last night and they have already asked to do it again tonight! Whatever works, especially for Audrey who is my reluctant reader. We did some painting to represent China's word for righteousness in our daily around the world devotion and also added our passport sticker. Ian loves these lessons!!


I also started introducing more nonfiction text with the girls and did a short non fiction lesson with them and will keep it ongoing for a while!  We sorted out all of our fiction and nonficiton text from our current study and then started a venn diagram about them. I love the book I chose the lesson from and will use it throughout the year to teach the girls about non fiction text! I loved it as a teacher as well! Who knows it may even be a Co Op class that I teach one day!






Before I close out today let me just tell you that Pininterest has become my good friend with homeschool!  I have added to our homeschool lessons!! I have found some really neat spelling activities to use with the girls next year, so check back to see what we will be doing or follow me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment