Today was hectic but fun and I really think the girls and Ian will like learning about the oceans this month. I think I am going to try and stretch this out for a month and then give the girls all of July off, other than reading everyday, so that we can start back in August!
Today we did alot of things but started out just coloring an ocean picture and making an ocean scene out of a sticker book the girls had. I thought it was a fun way to get them excited about what we would be learning. Each of the girls also read a book out of the pile we have gathered and in their reading journal had to write three facts or three things about the book they read. This is pretty routine for theme now since we have done these journals a while. I did let them choose their book : )
The girls also made the cover of their lapbook and made a pocket for us to keep a list of books read and movies we will watch. I then read them the book Magic School Bus On the Ocean Floor and they girls learned how much of the Earth is covered by water and what makes the water in the oceans salty. We also did an experiment on how to take the salt out of the water and they put the steps and results in their lapbook.
We concluded our study today by watching The Little Mermaid :) They are both excited to see what tomorrow will bring in terms of their lessons.




No comments:
Post a Comment