Tomorrow is a BIG day, it will mark the 100th day of school!!! Excited does not even begin to describe how the girls feel about it. They have been busy helping me plan the day and they were so sweet and they worked extra hard today so we can fit in all they want to do tomorrow! I cannot wait to blog all about our 100th day of school celebration!
As for today we got quite alot done for a Monday. The weather was warm so the girls worked hard and quick so they could have time to play outside in the morning before the rains come in.
This week in bible we are reading about Moses and the girls did very well on reading their story and the vocabulary with it. They even wrote their first summaries today about what they read in their bible readers. I was very proud of them.
We are working an all the sounds of aw, au, al, and o and so today I introduced them and we will work on sorting them by sight as the week goes on. Today we just learned them and did rainbow words with them. Both girls did very well on them so I am hoping that they continue to do well this week. I was surprised by how well Audrey did, she has more trouble with spelling and the words but we didn't do alot of that today. We also read our new poem and practiced sight words. The girls are getting pretty board with sight words and know them but I try to keep it new and different so they don't lose what they have learned. They also read their leveled Raz Kids book and Audrey is almost done with all the G's so I will try moving her into a level H! Ally is almost ready for full on level J books!
In math we are working on subtraction and Audrey is getting very good. She almost does not need any manipulative's. Ally on the other hand is having a hard time remembering the signs but she is getting better. We also worked on patterns so I had the girls make a bracelet and they had to use a pattern. They will get to choose who to mail them too :) It is fun for them to make something and then send it. My mom and I have tons of their beautiful jewelry so now it is time to share it with the rest of the family and our friends :)
In science this week we are learning different things about water and today they learned about things that sink and float. It was fun to play in the water as they called it! They did learn that plastic things float because most of what they found to try was made of plastic and they wondered why when we were finished that almost everything floated and not alot of things sank. They figured out the plastic thing on their own. That is what I call real learning.
For art we did a drawing in our little art books and the girls had to design a flag for a new country. Audrey's flag had horses and Ally's had butterflies :)
It was a pretty busy day but nothing in comparison to how tomorrow will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment