This week went by in a blur! It wasn't a super busy week but it just seemed to fly by, I guess it is true times flies when you are having fun! We did have alot of fun this week!
We had a little snow/ice mix this week and that make the kids super excited! It was not enough to go out and really play in but it sure was pretty to look at. I am glad that everyone stayed safe on the roads. I had Paul take the family car to work because the last time bad weather visited he took his little pick up and slid down the Cadron Creek Bridge, his bumper has the marks to prove it!
The girls had fun in school learning about penguins and can now tell you all you want to know and more, or at least a five year olds version of all you want to know. Ally did ask me this week what "mate" means and I told her it is when you find who you want to marry and then ask them! That was a tough one for this momma!
The kids and I went out to dinner with my parents one night and they always enjoy that. It is always a fight who gets to sit by who and no one ever wants to sit by me on those nights but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am glad that my kids and parents have a good relationship, just like I had with my grandparents and Paul had with his. It makes me so happy to know that my kids at least get to know and will remember their Nanny and Pawpaw but it also makes me sad that they do not get to visit enough with the others due to distance.
I took the kids out to play at PlayWorld twice this week and once to the park and man does that kind of play and exercise and it totally wear them out! Today was the park day and I am hoping that they all sleep in and go to sleep fast.
The most interesting part of the week has to be when we took Ian in for his speech evaluation and found out that most likely he will need therapy for articulation issues. We were pretty much expecting that to happy but I still feel really bad that I somehow missed something along the way and didn't get him the help he needs sooner. Momma guilt is a hard thing :( I don't care that he needs help I just feel awful that I don't know how to help him and didn't get him evaluated months earlier when I first had a feeling he was missing some key sounds. It feels to me like it is all my fault even though in my head I know it is not.
We don't have all of his tests scores back yet so we don't know how far behind he is but I am just praying we can get him caught up quickly and that he is only a few months behind and not a big gap we have to fill. We have also prayed that we can find a therapist to come to our house, because schedule wise and with the girls it is really hard to go to a clinic. Most of the clinic only allow the patient and parent back for sessions, which means who would watch Ally and Audrey? Please pray that this works out and so far it looks like we may have found someone at least until April 22, because once Ian turns 3, all of his stuff will change, argh! I was happy that during his evaluation he scored advanced in his expressive and receptive language skills, he was doing stuff on a 4 year old level! He surprised Paul and I with all he did because he plays like he does not know for us, silly boy!
All in all we had a pretty calm week but is sure did pass quickly, so bring on the next one because we are waiting and ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment