Today we had a special treat....we all slept in and got a late start on our school day! No worries though, as we needed it and still got in a great day of hard work and learning! We love homeschool for that exact reason, flexibility, oh and having school in our PJ's :) We try to do alot on Thursday so that on Friday, we can have Friday Fun Day and our school is not as long :)
I did a running record on both girls on the level they are reading on and Ally had 97% accuracy on a level I and Audrey had 98% accuracy on a level G, way to go girls. I try once a week to get a good assessment of their reading and log it into my files. Audrey and Ally also both read the book Snowy Winter Day as part of our science study on snow and ice. They each have set a yearly goal to read so many books, so the easy books I now let them read instead of me reading to them all the time. They each also picked a familiar bible story out of their bible readers to read as well. I do a read aloud with them each day mostly before they go to bed. Right now we are reading American Girl books since they are into that right now. With their daddy being a history teacher, it gives them a chance to hear good reading but also a fun way to look at the past! Audrey did GREAT on all of her reading today.
We did some sorting of words by sound instead of how they look. This is mostly for Audrey who spells just like her momma...by how words sound not caring much if they look right! I am really going to crack down and work alot more on this, not just for Audrey but for Ally too. We did an ea sort and then an oi vs oy sort. They both did well and tomorrow I will assess them on those skills and see what they learned.
We finished up our lesson on time this week over time to the hour but I did pull out practice games to keep working on it and eventually move to the half hour and so on. Addition went well and they cannot wait to play our game before bed.
We worked on writing a story about the snow today by first using a cute little snowman graphic organizer where they brainstormed about three things they would do on a snow day! I love their ideas. Then we wrote them out into a simple 5 sentence story, which were adorable. Their grammar skills are improving as is their handwriting. They both enjoy writing stories.
We went to PlayWorld and did the maze for over an hour for our PE time and still played the Wii. I am pooped! I try to do their PE with them when possible but sometimes I have to get busy on making lunch. We worked more on our recorders today and it was a bit better, the screeching is not as much or as loud! Only time will or my patience will tell how long this will last!
No comments:
Post a Comment