Today it was a toss up to work really hard to have Fun Friday or just get back into our routine since we went out for some fun yesterday. The girls opted to work really hard so they can have Fun Friday tomorrow!
Once everyone was up the girls got started on their independent work: journal, familiar readings, math review, word practice, and Raz Kids. Today I let them do their sticker stories on their own without my help and was pleasantly surprised at how well they did. They did have some errors but overall they were good. For writing we are going to be going back and reviewing the writing process as well as good sentence structure in the coming weeks. That is why I like having them do something independent so I can see what they know well and what we need to work on. It is a great assessment tool for me plus I get to show off their good writing to friends and family!
The girls worked with pattern blocks to day and made animals and patterns. I think tomorrow we will use them to add. I will have them make a pattern and then add the sides of two figures together and do this a couple of times. It will be great to practice adding more than two numbers! We also do alot of sorting, graphing, and classifying skills with our pattern blocks.
We did some science experiments with water that utterly failed but were still fun and full of learning. FYI playdough and modeling clay ARE different! We still have lots of lesson on water coming up. I just wish it were warm enough to do them outside.
I popped in our yoga DVD for PE today and they are doing much better on their poses and Ian is picking up on the letters and sounds. I may need to look for a new one for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment