Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What we use!

Just thought I would let you all know what we use in our homeschool program!

For our overall curriculum we use My Father's World, First Grade. We do the bible, activity, art, music, and science, as well as "reading". I also supplement math with Singapore math and I add my own writing lessons and language lessons as well as spelling sorts for word study. I also do alot of read alouds as well as shared reading and writing, and anchor charts!  I can't help but add since I did teach grades, 1, 2, 3, and 4 before staying at home!

I am also introducing the recorder for part of music, since I used to play the saxophone!  For PE, we have two videos we altermante: Yoga Phonics, and PE at Home. The kids like both of them and my younger ones enjoy them as well. We use the Raz Kids in our reading and they read and test over a book a day.

My girls are kindergartren age but we chose to go up a level since they are reading way above where they should be and the K level was WAY EASY and boring. We wanted a challenge for them and did not want them to be bored by doing things they already knew.

I am still looking for great ideas, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment