Thursday, January 24, 2013

Enjoying the day

Today was an overall pretty laid by and easy day for us! I did find out that I have been forgetting to let the girls color in their bible readers after we have finished a story so it looks like I am behind about 9 stories but we will catch up!  I see this being part of our Fun Friday...rereading and coloring in two bible stories :)

We played Pizza Fractions today and had such a fun time. The girls have a good foundation of fractions now. I think for a while we will keep focus on subtraction and addition, though they did better with subtracting in our daily drill!

We wrote in our sticker story books today and as always they did some cute stories. This time I had them try to use some of our spelling words for the week and that was a challenge!  I also had them practice transition words and use at least three of them in their stories. I wish I could figure out a way to get their stories on here with their stickers, maybe once I get a new camera I can do it.

I read them the book Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad day, and course they love it! It is one of my favorite books and a favorite teacher book of mine. I plan on using it for a few upcoming lessons so I wanted to read it to them today just for fun and exposure. It is such a cute story, even Ian listened to it. He actually stopped playing blocks to some listen!

We practices on sight words and spelling words and the girls took their test today. Their test is just informal and a way for me to keep up with skills taught and mastered as I do throw in review words and a dictation sentence as well as sight words and addition or subtraction problems. They get an extra ticket if they get all of the words correct and two tickets if they get everything right! They love getting those tickets and I love giving them. They both got all of the six words correct, all the sight words. Audrey got everything right including her sentence and subtraction problems. Ally missed one subtraction problem and that was all.

Ian has learned to dress himself for the most part and is building robots! He does school sometimes but  I don't want to push him, he is just two!

We are all ready for Fun Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment