Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Entertaining the Masses

Wow, what a day we had since yesterday! Right after school on Monday, my two year old son fell out of his chair and busted his chin on the table! OUCH! It was mass panic on my part, to calm him down, have the girls help and to watch my sweet baby C who was joining us. Whew, once that all blew over I was glad the day or at least the school day was done!

Today was much less eventful, praise the Lord, though it was almost as chaotic! I had two extra kiddos, which I usually do but they really missed each other from over the weekend so they were everywhere and into everything. It was hard to keep up with the masses today but we managed.

All of us did our water experiments and listened to the stories and drew about them. This is always fun for my toddlers and the baby sleeps through it all :)

The girls finished up their unit on subtraction already so we forged ahead and went on to the next one. We will play alot of practice games this week and for the rest of the year to improve our accuracy and speed in both addition and subtraction. The girls also did well on reading and writing fractions, but naming them is still a little old for them. Instead of one half they say one second but we will get there. I have some fraction game practice. My girls love games and are very competitive so I use them when I can to reinforce skills learned for ongoing practice.

Ally and Audrey each read well today as we reread about Joseph being sold by his brothers, a Raz Kids book on their level, and a library book of their choosing. I try to have them read not only books but their workbooks and worksheets, as well as flash cards and anything else we can think of. The more practice the better!

In our writing we are doing alot of shared writing for the week as I introduce more non fiction writing with a focus on how to. We have written how snow forms and today we read a book about friends and wrote together how to be a good friend using a 4 square model. I loved this when I taught because it is so straight forward and visual. When then turned our planning paper into a rough draft. It was so cute how they wanted it to be perfect then but I am saving editing with COPS tomorrow for a fun lesson!

We finished our read aloud about American Girl Felicity and will be moving on to Julie this week. PE was done on the elliptical, just 10n minutes. It has been too cool to play outside for a few days so I am hoping it warms up to allow outside playtime. We did play at Chick fil a last night for some fun PE and are considering signing the girls up for soccer! That is still being discussed and worked out with our schedules, so we will see how that goes! Right now I want things to slow down not speed up but I will do what my kids want and need!

No comments:

Post a Comment