Today was one of those days I felt like we would never catch up. It seemed everything we did took 20 minutes longer than expected. I guess it is because of all the ice and snow we got, I had a hard time sleeping, wondering if my husband would have school or a delayed start, that I couldn't sleep, so I slept in and that set me behind!
My girls are troopers and we managed to get our day done just a little after lunch instead of before lunch!
We did our money and addition skills together today as we counted and added money like a store. The girls both did very well on this, in fact I was surprised! We worked with pennies and nickels, so it looks like we may move up to dimes tomorrow! Addition is getting better as well and next week we will start on subtraction and this has me worried since we have not done alot with it but it will be fun.
We took a reading test today on a first grade level and both girls did wonderful with reading comprehension but they failed grammar :( That is all my fault as we have not worked skill and drill on it but rather focus on good writing. This is something we will work on more this year but I have definitely planned a better grammar curriculum for next year.
Audrey did alot better on her changer words today!! I am so proud of her. She is very smart but lacks the motivation. She could care less if she ever reads well or not! We are going to work more on our changer words this week before moving on to a new skill.
We learned more about penguins and how they stay warm in such a cold place. The girls thought it was very interesting. I cannot wait for them to do our experiments on Friday!
We also had our bible lessons over Jacob and the Ladder and they both read very well in their bible readers and drew some very good pictures. They memorized their Proverb too!
We did PE at home and Raz Kids to round out our day! Though I did have them use money stamps to make different amounts and money puzzle cards for extra practice while my little ones took a nap. They LOVED it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment