Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year

December 31, 2012 - January 6, 2013

I think this may be the first time  I have typed or written the year 2013 on something!  I cannot wait to see what the new year has in store for all of us. 2012 was a good year for us, let me just share a few highlights:

*Audrey asked Jesus in her heart and lost her first of two teeth! She also learned how to skip!
*Ally and Audrey both started school this year :( Even though it is home school, I am still in awe of how my babies can be old enough for school.
*Ally took off on a reading rocket and has just soared!! She reads everything she sees and has a love of writing, just like her mommy.
*Ian is now paci free and diaper free! When did my baby boy suddenly stop being a baby?
*We took a family vacation to Walt Disney World, every ones first time there! AMAZING! We cannot wait for Ian to turn 5 so we can go again!
*We sadly said goodbye to both of our forever pets, Nala and Cinders :( (not a happy highlight) 
*My Nana turned 80!
* I ran for over 1000 miles!!!!  1015 to be exact and it feels GREAT!!! I love to run! This was hard but so worth it!!! I ran in the cold, in the heat, in the rain, in just about every type of weather but snow!  My reward...being able to say I ran over 1000 miles in a year!
*Paul started his last year of his master's degree in history!
*God provided all we needed for everything!


Goals for 2013: We try and set reasonable goals and some of them are ongoing or continuing.

Our first goal is one that is ongoing and never changes:
*Trust in God for everything and grow closer to Him and to serve Him where and how we can. I for one will be taking on more roles at church helping out in the children's department! I am very excited to see how God will use me in this area and in reaching the kids.
*I also want to do more strength and circuit training this year. I have a new elliptical for my cardio which I love and use everyday and only run when the weather is nice or I can go indoors! I still love running!!
*Paul will finish his degree in May!
*Audrey wants to read 50 books this year, outside of school! She has already read 6!
*Ally wants to read 100 books this year and also read her bible more! She has read 12 books so far and a few bible verses each day!
*Ian will work more on his academics:) like counting, numbers, writing, letters, ect!
*Everyone will keep eating better and being active!  I have seen this better all of us and I want my kids to develop healthy habits early and make them life long, so this one is an ongoing goal!
* Take a small family vacation this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment